Is It Spring Yet?

 I ask because I'm usually ready for spring right around Valentine's Day. If you follow the science, our spring here is like a month later than its usual arrival. I live northwest of Houston, and the normal date for our last freeze is February 26. This year we had a freeze sometime around March 20. So it's not just me.

Finally last week tiny baby leaves poked through the bark on our elm trees. And I saw a monarch butterfly on our milkweed plants. If I'd had my camera, I would've taken a shot and shared here. So beautiful. I hope he tells his buddies to come visit the new Milkweed Cafe. The food is fresh and the location is great :) 

I have a secret to share. I started writing the second book of my new series. I've only just begun, but it's off to a flying start. The series is centered around two sisters. The first book was told by the younger sister. In this one, the older sister gets her turn. The first book will be available before you know it, so stay tuned.

That's about it from here, except that I am busy doing real life family things all this week. It will be the weekend before I'll be able to respond to comments here and to visit your blogs. But I'll get around to everyone, even if it takes longer than the weekend.

In the meantime, y'all be good and have fun. Happy Easter and Happy Passover.





Comments

Good luck with the second book of your new series!
Enjoy your real-life family things.
Happy Easter!
Natalie Aguirre said…
That's so exciting that you're writing the second book in your series. Glad it's going so well.
Jemi Fraser said…
I'm so jealous of your early spring!
Our rule of thumb for planting is "after the first full moon in June" *sigh*
Looking forward to book 2!!
lauragwen said…
I'm northeast of Houston. After that late March freeze, we hit 90 on 4/5. I shutter to think what's ahead by August.
Great news about book 2! Glad spring is finally trying to happen. :)
Spring has sprung here!
Happy Easter.
Leigh Caron said…
Exciting that you're writing your second book. Sounds like you're having fun. Coincidently, yesterday, I was writing about Milkweeds and Monarchs in my manuscript. My story takes place in a prairie in Ohio (yes, Ohio has prairies) and my character has Swamp milkweed, Common milkweed, and Blutterfly Bush, a milkweed growing there. And of course the Monarchs are there. And is there a cafe in San An called Milkweed?
I am thrilled that you are deep into your second book of the newest series. Good luck, have fun - and Happy Easter.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
That's great to hear about your book.

We often have our last freeze this week, but looks like the freezing is finally over.
Liza said…
Hooray for your new stories. Spring is trying to roll in here, but it appears we are expecting a deep chill overnight tonight before it warms up again tomorrow. I've made it to the garden some. Can't wait until I can do it regularly!
Spring is a ways off for me, good news about the new book
Christine Rains said…
Spring is springing up here too. All the daffodils are blooming. Good luck with your new series and Happy Easter!
Carol Kilgore said…
Michelle - It's been a fun-filled week! Now the great catch-up begins. Wish me luck :)

Natalie - This new series is a lot of fun. I hope readers think so, too, and spread the word.

Jemi - At first I thought we were going straight to summer, because on Wednesday, it was 95. But now we're back to 40s at night, so cooler in the day. There's a little hope that spring will stick around a while.
Carol Kilgore said…
lauragwen - Welcome to the Tiki Hut! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. We live somewhat near Tomball, so are having the same weird weather. Except I think you've been a little wetter this year.

Elizabeth - Thanks! I'm now exploring a different part of the overall mystery genre, and I'm loving it ♥

Alex - Congratulations on your new CassaDark release!
Carol Kilgore said…
Leigh Caron - Our tag from the milkweed only says ASCIEPIAS. So I researched and visually I'm unable to distinguish if it's common or swamp milkweed. I did learn, however, that common milkweed is the variety that grows best in our area, so I'm guessing that's what it is. We have a lantana in the backyard that swallowtails love.

I wasn't aware of a Milkweed Cafe in San Antonio, so I Googled. If there is one, they don't know of it either. I did find one in Boston, though. On Tremont Street.
Carol Kilgore said…
EC - Thanks! I'm loving this series :)

Diane - I'm sure you're ready for spring to arrive, too.

Liza - The bonus for you is that your summers are not nearly as hot as ours. I love the summer season, but not so much the hot-hot part down here.

Carol Kilgore said…
Jo-Anne - You and a few others on here are in the Southern Hemisphere. I try to remember to mention something whenever I talk about summer or winter, but I sometimes forget. Like this week.

Christine - Thanks! Good luck with your writing, too. I love daffodils. They always look so happy.
H. R. Sinclair said…
Fun! Good luck and congrats getting going on the series!

Ah, yes, spring it late everywhere. A month late is harsh.
A big congrats on writing book 2. May it continue to go smoothly.
Carol Kilgore said…
HR - Thanks!
Lynda - Appreciate the good wishes :)

.