On the Road Again

By the time most of you read this, we'll be someplace on I-10 headed east. Live-in Handyman is taking the doggies to the kennel as I type. We don't always make it, but we try to get away at least once a year.

Last year we went to Charleston. You can read about one of the highlights from that trip here.

This year we're going to Mobile. Yes, that Mobile. The one with the oil headed its way. But our trip has been planned for months and is in conjunction with a Coast Guard event.

Mobile is also the birthplace of my live-in handyman. He was a little boy when he left, and although we've been through Mobile many times, we've never stopped. So he's looking forward to this opportunity to see all the places he's only heard about from his parents.

He's not much for flying, though - only if it's a must. Otherwise, he's all about traveling with four wheels on the ground. So we're taking a laid-back approach to getting there this year instead of his "as far as we can get in one day and then some" approach. Mostly because of his ankle. He's not supposed to sit for too long at a time without propping it up for a while.

We plan to spend tonight in Lafayette, Louisiana - in the heart of Cajun Country. I'm looking forward to some fantastic food.

Thursday we'll continue on to Mobile. Then we'll be back home in San Antonio either next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'll be posting while we're away, but I might need to vary a little from my usual schedule since I don't know what sort of time I'll have or what interesting things I'll have to pass on. And I have to share the laptop. At least it's a new one and not the same clunker from last year that was almost too pooped to even boot up. I'll visit your blogs as I'm able.

Next update ... from the road :)

Comments

Laura Eno said…
I hope you both have a wonderful time!
Mason Canyon said…
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Haven't been to LaFayette, LA, but I enjoyed Mobile.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Terry Odell said…
Have a great time. And I'll be watching for a recap when you're back!
I prefer car trips to flying these days as well as they seem much more relaxing. Hope you have a great trip.
Elspeth Futcher said…
I wish both of you a wonderful, relaxing trip! It's always so great to get away from daily routines. Enjoy.
Talli Roland said…
Have a great trip. Pardon my ignorance, but is Mobile in Alabama? I can't remember... Look forward to hearing about it!
Joanne said…
How nice to see beautiful places in the country on a more leisurely pace, enjoying the sights that way. Have a wonderful journey ...
Southpaw said…
Ooo fun, road trip!
Glynis said…
I just live a little north in Tennessee if you want to come visit. Have a terrific time!
I really enjoyed reading your blog. Have a great time on the road. God bless, Lloyd
VR Barkowski said…
Have a great trip, Carol. Enjoy Lafayette. I love Southern Louisiana. Never been to Mobile, though, and am Looking forward to your trip report.
Elana Johnson said…
Wow -- there's nothing I love more than a road trip. Have a great time!
Carol Kilgore said…
I made a comment a bit ago but it never showed up. Grrr.

We're in Mobile!

And do I have stories ... already.

Tomorrow I'll try to make a real post.

Thanks to all of you for reading and commenting.
What a coincidence to go to Mobile with the oil spill taking place. I wonder how that will affect your trip, if at all?

There are just so many places I've wanted to see. Actually, I think I've probably seen more of Europe than the US. Hopefully, I will remedy that before too long. But I love cajun food, so I bet I'd love Louisiana. I wish you the best for a safe, pleasant journey!
Carol Kilgore said…
Hi Carolina,

Thanks for commenting and for following. I'll catch up on following and commenting next week when we return to San Antonio.

Local news says only an occasional tar ball is washing up, but all the beaches are boomed off, or so I understand. So that's a good thing. People can still enjoy them. We're headed to one on Sunday, so I'll have more info Monday.
Carol Kilgore said…
Hi Carolina,

Thanks for commenting and for following. I'll catch up on following and commenting next week when we return to San Antonio.

Local news says only an occasional tar ball is washing up, but all the beaches are boomed off, or so I understand. So that's a good thing. People can still enjoy them. We're headed to one on Sunday, so I'll have more info Monday.

.