Witches, Wings, and Other Things

 


Here I am! My break seems way too short. I made a long list of things to accomplish. I marked some items off, but not nearly enough. I feel as if I didn't get much done, but the projects I tackled were big ones. So maybe I did more than I thought. That's what I'm going with :)


You'll notice I didn't get my format changed here. Maybe on the next break!

Currently, I'm working on the third House Witches book. It's moving along at a really fast snail's pace. So as long as it's moving, I can deal with that. Charli and Brielle say hi.

I also totally revamped my writing space. And my favorite sailor gave me a laptop for Christmas. It's making a big difference in how and when I write, but I'm still trying out different ways to get it to be the best way for me. I should know pretty soon.

Even though I'm working as diligently as possible on the third Witchy book, I haven't had a lot of time to actually put words on the screen. That doesn't mean words are not coming. I'm forever, writing in a notebook, or in a different book in a different place. And without the new laptop, which was supposed to solve that problem. And it will going forward, because I finally got it set up the way that will work for me. Thank you Dell Support.

Having it with me, will solve many problems except those that fly in on a wing and fly off again if I don't jot those lightning bolt thoughts down right when they arrive.

So that's what I've been doing in this new year. What about you? Anything new and exciting in your life? New books? 

Here's to a happy, healthy, and safe 2024 for all of us.

See you next month!

Comments

I have a relatively new laptop here (HP) and it took me forever to get used to it. Good luck with it...sounds like things are looking up!
Natalie Aguirre said…
I'm glad you had a good break. That's great that you're working on your manuscript and got your new laptop set up the way you like.
Karen Baldwin said…
That had to be fun revamping your writing space. I've changed some things in mine throughout the years, but to the outsider, it still looks the same.
I've been away from blogging for awhile but excited to get back to it. So for me, your website looks very updated since it's different from how it was before I stopped. I think it looks great!
Jemi Fraser said…
Setting up new stuff always breaks my brain! Hope you have it all perfected soon!
H. R. Sinclair said…
Nice! A new writing environment can make a big difference. For me, my own witchy book is ready and I plan to release into the wild this year.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
That's great there will be another book!

I thought I might have to get a new laptop but fortunately it was just the fan that died and my husband fixed it.
Liza said…
Glad for your new laptop and glad for your new space!
Carol Kilgore said…
Elizabeth - It's been a learning curve, but I love creating on the laptop. It's a different experience.

Natalie - I need that break every year, otherwise I'd be a crazy woman.

Karen B - I'm in the same room, but it looks totally different now. I'm looking forward to writing on the patio after the weather warms.

Karen G -So good to hear from you! I changed this blog look sometime around 2020, but I don't recall exactly when. It has some quirks that annoy me when I try to do certain things. Hope to see you back again next month.

Jemi - Same for me. Hoping to give it another trial run this weekend.

H.R. - Yay for witchy books!! Looking forward to reading yours.

Diane - Glad your problem was fixable! Charli and Brielle won't leave my head.
Carol Kilgore said…
Liza - Thanks. Good to hear from you. Stay warm up there.
Carol Kilgore said…
Alex - I'm finding that out!

.