What's for Dinner?

 

One more Top 10 blog because I'm seriously behind in getting everything done on my book that will release--I hope--on September 25. It's the second House Witches Mystery, and y'all will be hearing about it soon enough. I'll just say that Brielle is more in charge in this one.

I have no other news, except it's still blazing hot here in my little spot of Texas. We've had 96-110 degree sunny weather and no rain since July 4. We're all a little fried and frazzled. I may not get to your blogs today, but I will aim to visit by the weekend. And I'll see you all back here in October.

So here we go. I have much recent experience with this Top 10:

Top 10 Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes. Not guaranteed to be especially healthy or inexpensive. But they are quick and easy :)

  • meatball subs
  • pizza on Brooklyn Bred or pre-made crust
  • any type of meat/protein with a rice mix skillet meal and served in a bowl or with a salad
  • pre-formed turkey patties with green sauce and a salad
  • pre-formed beef patties and fries
  • chicken, potatoes, broccoli sheet pan dinner
  • crock pot stew served over noodles
  • grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
  • rotisserie chicken and potato salad - both from grocery deli
  • spaghetti or your favorite pasta, with good olive oil, black olives, white beans, and basil
What's your favorite quick and easy dinner go-to?

Comments

Nothing wrong with a good grilled cheese sandwich.
We're close to a hundred here this week. Fall will hit eventually.
I've been making friends with my air fryer and putting in pre-cut veggies from the produce department! Hope the heat abates soon. :)
Jan Morrison said…
Not so hot here but with floods and forest fires we like to have a few easy meal possibilities to hand. One favourite is pork patties and noodles with lightly sautéed veggies. Easy and yummy.
Jemi Fraser said…
Grilled cheese sandwiches are my favourite!
We've been at 41C/105F for a few days and it's awful. Bring on fall
Can't wait for Brielle to be out in the world - let me know how I can help!
L. Diane Wolfe said…
I think our area set a temperature record yesterday.

Ready when you are with that book!
Natalie Aguirre said…
I'm hoping it cools down before I go to Dallas to visit my late husband's family in October. We want to go to the State Fair.

Congrats on your new book! If you want me to shout out about it in my Follower News in October, email me.
I have been watching the temperatures (and the fires) from your side of the world in horror. I hope they are not replicated here in our summer.
A cheese sandwich works for me (and some days I am too lazy to grill it).
I am looking forward to your next book - and hope that you get some cooler weather and rain soon.
Janie Junebug said…
Quick ane easy dinners: grilled cheese or graham crackers and chocolate milk or Ritz crackers with peanut butter and a drink. I know these aren't much of a meal but they'll do in a pinch when I'm tired.

Love,
Janie
H. R. Sinclair said…
My quick meal is ramen with poultry seasoning (not the packet) cooked with an egg and topped with green onion and a little cheddar cheese.
Carol Kilgore said…
It's taken me two weeks instead of one, but I'll be visiting this afternoon. Thanks for all your suggestions for other quick meals. Elizabeth, I have a love/hate relationship with our air fryer. I haven't tried it for veggies. Maybe one day!

.