A New Top 10

 I haven't done a Top Ten in a long time, so I decided to give it a go. 


Skim or ignore this paragraph. But first I have to write some words up here at the top because of the template I use. It runs everything together on the opening page and the whole entire rest of this short blog would show up here and there would be nothing left on the following pages. So if you like, you can just skip all this and go ahead and click READ MORE
and get to the real guts of this month's blog. If you're reading on your phone or other mobile device, I don't think it does that, but I'm not sure. I don't know if I've put enough in here but I'm tired of typing gibberish, so I'm taking a chance. After I finish the book I'm currently working on, I'm going to change the template here, but that will be a few more months down the road. This should be enough.

Top Ten Reasons I Blog

10. I'm nosy. I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing what's going on with you and/or what you think about certain things.

9. I play fair. I try to give you something interesting in return that I hope makes you smile and not have to think much about.

8. It gives my brain a rest. I can still write, but I don't have to think about characterization or plot.

7. I'm always up for a challenge. Some months I have to stretch for a new topic.

6. I like to travel. I just threw that in to see if you're paying attention.

5. I'm lazy. These top ten lists are easy for me to come up with.

4. Yes, I know I'm not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition.

3. It's a habit. I've been blogging for about 15 years and don't know how to stop.

2. I like learning new things. Sometimes I have to research something I'm blogging about. Other times, like now, it's a non-researchable topic.

1. I love y'all!

See you in July :) 

Comments

Jemi Fraser said…
Love it!
I've thought about dropping the blog so many times, but I love all the people I connect with through it.
You always make me smile! :)
Big smiles. I could borrow/steal/ quite a lot of your points. I don't like travel much though. I would love a tardis to take the drudgery out of it - and wonder whether I would get tardis sick as I do plane and boat sick.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Loved your top 10 reasons to blog. I love that you still do.
Carol Kilgore said…
Jemi - Totally the people.

EC - A Tardis would be so perfect! I always tell people I love going new places, learning the culture, meeting the people, eating the food - all of that. But I really dislike actually traveling to get there. If you ever find out how to get a Tardis, come pick me up or tell me how to get my own :)

Natalie - I will for a bit more, but I don't know for how long.
Love your top ten. Fun reasons.
Also, I love travel too ;)
(Yes, I was paying attention)
You like to travel! I was paying attention.
I like your reasons.
Carol Kilgore said…
Lynda Yay!

Alex - Good for you :)
H. R. Sinclair said…
I was paying attention! LOL That was one of your best! :)
L. Diane Wolfe said…
LOL! I've been blogging 18 years and can't stop either.
Carol Kilgore said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Kilgore said…
H.R. - Thank you :)

Diane - It's addictive!
Don’t stop blogging. It’s fun for all of us; aside from that, I have learned a lot from others.
Carol Kilgore said…
David - No worries. I learn a lot from others too :)
Rajani Rehana said…
Please read my post
Barbara Nimmo said…
The blog post beautifully captures the essence of Top Ten lists, bringing together a collection of cherished memories and experiences.
https://promocodehq.com/
Ashlee Rolfson said…
I stumbled upon this captivating blog post featuring a Top Ten list and couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and nostalgia. As I read through the engaging list and the accompanying reflections, a concept that resonated strongly with me came to mind: frugalishness.
https://www.frugalishness.com/
DMS said…
Loved reading your reasons for blogging. I agree- I have blogged for a long time and it does bring me joy. I love checking in on my blogging buddies and I always learn new things or find out about new books. :)
~Jess

.