Thankfulness is a Warm Turkey

 Well, more than warm, actually. Nobody wants to get sick from eating an underdone bird. There's also the joy of turkey sandwiches in the days that follow. My fave is cold turkey with lettuce and good mayo. Pure bliss. What's your favorite Thanksgiving leftover?

I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving, no matter if you're here in the U.S. or halfway around the globe. No matter what else is going on in your life, it is a wonderful feeling to sit, share a meal with friends and family, and simply be thankful. My wish for you is that you may also experience the calming peace and tranquility that thankfulness brings.

Or the stories that will be told in the gatherings following a family blow-up, usually brought on by a little too much Thanksgiving wine. Remember the year Uncle Pete....

If you find it hard to be thankful for something, be thankful you didn't burn the turkey. At least not much of it.

I'll be taking a break in December and January, so I won't be back here until February 2. I will still have books on sale in those months, so if you're reading this on my newsletter, you'll still hear from me there.

I'll also be scrambling to finish the first book in a brand new series. I think you'll like it. I hope so! It's a ton of fun to write.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and have a good time with any holiday I forgot, too.

Be kind to one another. I'll see you in February!


Comments

Enjoy your break and happy holidays!
Enjoy your holidays!
Cold turkey sandwiches with stuffing - now that's the best.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Happy Holidays! I'm thankful that they will be more normal and joyous this year. Enjoy your break.
Jemi Fraser said…
And it's really fun to read!!!
I love turkey sandwiches as well. We've finished our T-day but I may have to pick up another turkey in solidarity with my US buddies :)
I am really really glad to hear that you are enjoying writing your new book. I am sure I will enjoy reading it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a happy and productive break.
Melissa said…
Enjoy the holidays. I'll be working some and off some (the curse of a nurse), but I'll find a way to spend time with family. Thanks for visiting my blog.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Happy holidays! I'm proud to say not only have I never burnt the bird, it's always been the juiciest turkey ever. (So I'm told since I don't eat it.)
Carol Kilgore said…
Elizabeth - I will! Happy holidays to you, too.

Alex - Thanks. You, too.

Natalie - I hope you're right. We all need that.

Jemi - Do it!!!

Rachna - Thank you! I intend to do just that :)

EC - Thank you. I'll miss your lovely pics and Wednesday Words.

Melissa - Those babies are lucky to have you care for them.

Diane - I've never burned one either, but one year ours refused to get done. I put it on that morning, and it wasn't done until about 7 that night. I think the gremlins messed with my oven that day.
There are so many benefits to being thankful.
Enjoy your wonderful break!!
Kalpana said…
There's so much power in gratitude. Enjoy your break!
Carol Kilgore said…
Lynda - I agree, and I intend to put my break to good use :)

Kalpana - Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. It's a pleasure to meet you.
I don't like turkey but hope your turkey day was a good one
Carol Kilgore said…
Jo-Anne - Turkey is a tradition here. Wishing you a good November.
Hi, I'm coming to your block from Lynda's blog. Enjoy your break. And enjoy working on your new book. That sounds exciting.

My husband and I moved to Portugal at the end of February. Normally we celebrate Thanksgiving Day with our godfamily, even though we are vegetarian and don't eat Turkey. (Usually it is "pot luck".) Portugal doesn't really have a Thanksgiving Day, but we have many Portuguese friends to celebrate other occasions with, as we start this new chapter in our life.
H. R. Sinclair said…
Oooo, a new series! Fun. My favorite leftover is mixing mashed potatoes with turkey and whatever vegetable is left and frying them like little croquettes.
cleemckenzie said…
Nice time of year to take that break and focus on family, friends, the holiday, and catching up with whatever you need to.

See you in 2022!
Carol Kilgore said…
Elizabeth V. - How exciting! I know you'll enjoy exploring all the nooks and crannies in your new home. You can have a toast to Thanksgiving. Wine is vegetarian... right :)

H.R. - That sounds really good. I'm not cooking this year, but next time I have my own leftovers, I'm going to try that.

CLee - I have been extremely behind for over two years and I'm finally close to being caught up. I hope to never be that far behind again.
Hi Carol!
Good luck as you scramble to finish the first book in your brand new series! YAY!!
Enjoy your break, too.
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Peaceful & Prosperous New Year!
Carol Kilgore said…
Hi Michelle!
I'm caught up in the Christmas whirlwind right now, but I'm planning on some serious writing in January. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a healthy and safe New Year.

.