I'm back... mostly :)

If you read my blog last month, you know my husband had to type it for me because I'd injured my right arm. I'm thrilled to be typing this myself. I've made huge strides, but I still have a little way to go to be back to 100 percent.



I shared this photo to Facebook a couple of weeks ago. It shows the outer bands of Hurricane Hanna, which came ashore about 300 miles or so south of us. I'm sharing it here for a different reason.

Look at all the colors. That's about how the bruises on my right arm looked from my shoulder down to my fingers. It's all gone now. Almost all the swelling is gone as well, except for my fingers.

I spent July reaching tiny milestones. In no particular order:
Feeding myself with my right hand.
Typing with both hands.
Straightening my arm to side and front.
Showering and washing my hair by myself. Good and bad points about these two 😊
Shaving legs.
Brushing and drying my hair.

Goals for August:
Arm overhead
Self pedicure
Catch up on email backlog
Floss!
Mouse with right hand. I can only for this for short periods every once in a while right now. Which means that everything at the computer except straight typing takes me at least twice as long. Ugh.

Besides this setback, I'm grateful for so much.
My family, especially Husband, who has come through like a champ and taken wonderful care of me.
Friends, both in real life and online, who have remained a lifeline.
My general overall good health, without which I'd likely still be having major issues.
My faith in God, who holds me throughout it all.
My iPad - because I can Facebook and Twitter by moving only the muscles in my fingers.

Even with baby steps, progress is wonderful!

In other news.....

The best news is that on Monday, I started writing again. It feels so good to be able to actually get those words and thoughts out of my head and onto the page.

While I couldn't write, however, not only did I think about Gracie a lot, but I also thought about an idea I first got last fall for a new series. It's been rumbling around in my head off and on ever since, but now I've actually learned some things about the main characters. And I wrote them down! It's  going to be real.

I think you'll like this new series as much as Gracie. I also have an idea for another Coastal Connection standalone novel, but it's not as developed yet.

Will I be able to work on all of these at the same time by picking up one if I have a block on another? I don't know. But my plan is to try.

On the other hand, maybe the threat of leaving her alone to work with someone else will make Gracie give me more information at a time instead of making me wait on her before moving forward.

I'll keep you posted!

See you back here on Wednesday, September 2 - which I see is a full moon. Here's hoping things are rocking and rolling in a good way for all of us by then.

Hugs,
Carol




Comments

Glad you're writing again! Wow, your arm must've been a mess if it were those colors.
Rachna Chhabria said…
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
L. Diane Wolfe said…
That's wonderful you are writing and have found much to be grateful for.
Liza said…
So sorry to hear about your injury. Glad you are improving. In spite of what it represents, that picture is stunning!
Natalie Aguirre said…
So glad you're feeling better and starting to write again.
I am so very glad that you are improving - albeit slowly, and very glad to hear of the support you have.
Selfishly I am also very glad you are writing again - or at least able to get the words down. It sounds as if you are always writing in your head.
Carol Kilgore said…
Alex - A big swollen ugly mess. Not now :)

Rachna - Thank you! Much appreciated ♥

Diane - Some days I had to look hard for it, but when I looked... there it was.

Liza - It feels really good to be back. Glad you like the photo.

Natalie - Me, too :)

EC - Yes, always writing in my head. All my life. I only wish I'd known sooner to actually transfer the words to paper. #slowlearner
Leigh Caron said…
You've come a long way. Glad you are meeting your goals. You have patience. Get to 100% soon.
Jemi Fraser said…
So glad your arm is healing! Don't overdo it while you're healing!
The photo is so pretty - but those bruises must have been awful.
Looking forward to more Gracie and YAY for new stories too!
Mason Canyon said…
Glad you're on the mend and back to writing. Love the photo of the sky but sorry to hear those were the colors from your injuries. Take care.
Good to hear you're healing well and writing again!
Such good news hearing you are back even if it only mostly because mostly is better then nothing, which is the long winded way of saying welcome back
Jan Christensen said…
Lovely picture, but horrible to imagine your whole arm looking like that! I so which that hadn't happened to you!
Very glad you are back wrangling with Gracie. I look forward toreading about progress with her and with the other two projects on your mind.
Take care of yourself! You'll be back to normal before you know it.
Carol Kilgore said…
Leigh - Thanks for your encouraging words. Much appreciated :)

Jemi - I try not to overdo, but sometimes I do. Always results in a little setback. Sigh.


Mason - Yeah, I want those colors to stay away from me from now on :)

Lynda - Feels good, too :)

Jo-Ann - Thanks. You made me smile, too :)

Jan - I sure hope so!
Deniz Bevan said…
Glad you're healing well! :-)
Carol Kilgore said…
Deniz - Thanks! Hope all is well with you.
Melissa said…
I'm sorry to hear you hurt your arm! Bad for anyone, but worse for a writer! I'm glad you're on the mend.
Carol Kilgore said…
Melissa - I'm at about 95% recovered now. So many muscles all doing nothing at first then each doing its own thing for a while. They're finally a team again and really moving well together. I'm at the stage where I think I'm 100% until I try something new and find out I can't do it yet, LOL. A few more weeks and I should be totally good to go. I hope!
I'm so glad to read that you're making such great progress Carol!
Happy Writing!
Carol Kilgore said…
Michelle - I'm glad, too! Happy writing back to you :)

.