Set an Example

Y'all know how Gracie is always getting herself into trouble and needing a Band-Aid. Those scenes are easy for me to write. Why? Because I'm the same way. And I just did it again.

Last week, I found a board intended to keep puppies out of a dining room. I was too busy watching the puppies and tripped over the board, messing up the muscles in my right arm and shoulder.

Husband is typing this as I dictate. When he learns to type faster, I may put him to serious work. He kept saying "outside" as he type the previous sentence.

I won't be responding to your comments until my arm is functioning again, but I thank you for any you would like to leave.

In book news ...

The Kindle edition of In Name Only is currently on sale for $0.99 through midnight Sunday, July 5.

No home. No family. No place to hide. For Summer Newcombe, that's only the beginning.

The night Summer escapes from a burning Padre Island eatery and discovers the arsonist is stalking her, is the same night she meets Fire Captain Gabriel Duran. As much as she's attracted to Gabe, five years in the Federal Witness Security Program because of her father’s testimony against a mob boss have taught her the importance of being alone and invisible.

No matter how much she yearns for a real home, Summer relinquished that option the night she killed the man who murdered her father. But Gabe breaks down her guard and places both of them in danger. Summer has vowed never to kill again, but she's frantic she'll cost Gabe his life unless she stops running and fights for the future she wants with the man she loves.

I'll see you again on Wednesday, August 6 .

Hugs,

Carol



Comments

Really sorry you hurt yourself. nice of your husband to help you out.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Glad your husband is helping you. Hope you're able to work on your computer on your own soon.
Jemi Fraser said…
Oh no!!!! Hope that arm heals up quickly! Take good care of you - sending hugs your way. Good job, Hubby!
Jan Christensen said…
Ouch! So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope all heals well and quickly. We need you back in commission to write more about Gracie!
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Oh no! I hope you didn't land on the puppies.
As a fellow klutz I feel for you. I currently have a bruised and swollen right hand - because I flung it into a door jamb as I went past.
I hope your injuries heal quickly - and that your husband's typing speed improves.
Mason Canyon said…
I'm right there with you and Elephant Child. I can trip over a penny lying on the ground. Hope your arm and shoulder feel quickly.
Janie Junebug said…
If we got together, we'd probably both end up with casts and pain meds and heaven only knows what else. I am part of the Clumsy Brigade.

Love,
Janie
So glad your husband can help you out! I'm a clumsy one, too.

.