It's taking Dorian as long to move as it took us. However, I'm writing this on Tuesday afternoon and it looks as if it may be going to move at least a little. Stay safe, wherever you are... especially if you're in this storm's path.

We finally moved into our new home two weeks ago. Most of the furniture is in place, but one big piece won't be here until next week. The kitchen is functional and the counters are clear. Beds are up. Some rooms now look more like home than others. Most importantly, doggies are back home with us!

Furniture is in place in my office, but I only started opening boxes in here yesterday. Today I found my printer, but I need a surge protector. The box that sat in the dining room that held all things cordy and techy is no longer in there. I have to wait until husband gets home to find out what he did with it.

I wanted to post some pics, but I'm still having trouble for some reason. Operator Error, I'm certain. The problem is getting them from my phone to my desktop. What I did before is no longer working here. Same phone. Same desktop. But different email. I suspect that's the issue.

I need to spend blogging time straightening things out here, so I won't be responding again this month. I do, however, have high hopes for October!

I'm leaving you with an old photo of a sunset on Galveston Island. Without a storm.


We have a trip scheduled mid-September that's been in the works since last year. As usual... with imperfect timing. So I don't know when I'll blog in October.

I'll be back here either Wednesday, October 2 - if I can get my act together that quickly after we return- or Monday, October 7. Hope to see you then!



Comments

Hope you find that surge protector.
Dorian is taking her time, but at least she'd downgrading quickly.
H. R. Sinclair said…
Nice to be a home again --- with doggies! Yay. Congrats. And happy hunting for your surge protector.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Hope you get settled in soon. And stay safe.
Janie Junebug said…
When I moved to Florida 10 years ago, I had to wait several days before the dogs arrived. I wasn't complete without them. I hope your trip goes well.

Love,
Janie
Liza said…
Hope you get settled quickly. Oh, and wishing you a marvelous trip!
There is a screw loose in the operator here, even without a move.
Glad the dogs are with you and hope the rest of the move settles into place.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Last time we moved, I was about in tears by week two because one whole room was a mountain of boxes still.

We are prepped and ready for Dorian's arrival tomorrow.
Hurricanes are not something I have ever experienced and I don't want to
Julie Flanders said…
So glad to read your move is done and you can now get settled. Take care and enjoy your upcoming trip!
Enjoy the new home, Carol!
stay safe.
Mason Canyon said…
Glad you've finally got moved in and the dogs are back with you. Houston (or outside of Houston) is a great place. Love the photo of Riverwalk. Have fun on your trip.
Murees Dupè said…
Yay on the move, and the doggies being back. I hope you are safe. Keep well.
Karen Baldwin said…
Setting up a new home can be exhausting...but having your doggies home I'm sure relieves some stress.

.