Mid-Move

We have closed on our former home in San Antonio and physically moved most of our belongings to the Houston area. We still have a few items remaining in San Antonio, however, that we can't bring here until we actually have a house.

Currently, after waiting on one thing and another - repeat again and again - we are waiting on the appraisal. After that arrives, we have to wait yet again before we can actually close.

First we were to close in July. Then August 2. Now August 9. Let me just say that staying in a hotel - and having our doggies kenneled - isn't nearly as much fun as it is when we're on vacation.

I don’t even have a photo to post. Oh... yes I do. Since I'm missing them so much. Not the best one, but the easiest to add here. Wrangler and Shiner.



I've also learned that there are a lot of things I can't do on my iPad - some because I obviously don't know how and others because it's a mobile device and won't work at all on certain sites. Hence my many Facebook posts and retweets :)

So... we wait.

I have had more time to read. I recommend two mysteries by authors new to me, whose names I don't have in front of me while using this computer at a relative's home. I do have titles! Check them out. Neither is perfect but both stories are a little different from the same ol' thing:
UNCLE AND ANTS
UNLEASHED (A SYDNEY RYE MYSTERY #1)

That's about it. I'll read any comments you leave, but won't respond here or on your blog, as my iPad doesn't like to blog. Sigh.

I'll be back in September - September 4, I think... whatever the Wednesday after Labor Day is. I hope we have a house by then.

Your currently homeless friend,
Carol



Comments

I hope they don't move the date again! A hotel is no fun when you're just waiting.
Rachna Chhabria said…
I hate it when the dates are postponed. Hope you won't have to wait again.
H. R. Sinclair said…
I feel you pain! It's hard to do most things on tablets or phones that are a breeze on a computer. I hope the date doesn't move again!
Karen Baldwin said…
Patience! Every move I've ever made I had to exercise patience. Sounds like you're hanging tough though.
Good luck with your move and. Just a few more days.
Sigh. Moving outsucks Dyson.
I hope your wait is over soon. Very, very soon.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Sorry you are having so many delays on purchasing your home. It's a major change and I'm sure you want to get going. Glad you're at least spending some of the time reading. That's always a good friend.
Janie Junebug said…
I'm so sorry. I thought you were going to move right in. Bummer.

Love,
Janie
Urgh! All that waiting!! Hopefully it all smooths out soon. Moving is never easy!!!
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Fingers crossed you keep your closing date.
Jan Christensen said…
I'm so sorry you are going through such a hassle, in this heat, especially. I look forward to your being back on the computer and back in touch! {{{hugs}}}
dolorah said…
I'm doing the sell one house and buy another too. Yep, seems all we do is wait wait wait. Frustrating.
Liza said…
Someday it will all be a bad dream, as they say, but for now, I wish you luck and a speedy closing.
Moving is so tough, all the waiting especially before everything gets signed, closed, etc etc. Funny when I read this because my son and his wife also sold a home in San Antonio and then moved to Houston. Good luck with everything!

.