Award Time

Last week Mason Canyon over at Thoughts in Progress presented me with the Honest Scrap Award. This is the second time I've been honored with this award, the first coming from Laura Eno at A Shift in Dimensions.

I used the word honored because that's how this particular award makes me feel. Here at the Tiki Hut, I do throw a lot of scrap out there. But it's all honest. In my head/on the blog is pretty much how it works around here.

Mason changed up the Award Rules a little bit with this one:
Now to pass the baton on to deserving bloggers. There are so many it’s hard to select just a few. I would like to pass it on to the ones who have help me during these past two months of getting my feet wet in the land of blogging. Since it is my award now, I’m changing the rules a bit. I won’t require that the award is passed on, you can do so if you wish; you don’t have to link the award back to me; but 10 interesting things about yourself would be nice (since I had to come up with mine). Feel free to do as you wish with the award.
So while I'm choosing not to pass the award on at this time, I reserve the right to do so at some later time.
 
I did, however, link the award back to Mason because if you haven't yet been to Thoughts in Progress, GO. I visit every day. You'll love it.

Now to the ten things about me, maybe a little more serious than with the previous award back in September:

1. I'm very goal oriented.
2. I love my live-in handyman.
3. And my wonderful loudmouth protectors, Arf and Woof.
4. I'm not a sweets person.
5. I sometimes obsess over details.
6. It's easier for me to see the overall picture.
7. I could eat Mexican food every day.
8. It took me months to learn to drive a stick shift.
9. I giggle.
10. I love sunshine and rain.

Comments

Elspeth Futcher said…
Congrats on the well-deserved award and I love your list. Here's one more thing we have in common; I'm not a sweets person either.

Elspeth
Carol Kilgore said…
Thanks, Elspeth. Let's hear it for pizza and chips!
Nice job on doubling on the award. It's easy to understand how you would.

As to your list, I wish I was number four. Sadly, not the case.

Best Regards, Galen.

Imagineering Fiction Blog
Laura Eno said…
Congrats, Carol! You show honesty in your style. I feel like I'm sitting across the table from you having a chat.
Carol Kilgore said…
Galen - I'm not a sweets nut, but I love salty.

Laura - Pretty much the same. Maybe a little saltier language in person, but I'm working on that.
Helen Ginger said…
Congratulations on the award. The best thing about you receiving it is that the rest of us get to know you a bit more!

Helen
Straight From Hel
Carol Kilgore said…
Helen - Maybe that's a good thing?
Mason Canyon said…
Carol, thanks for the kind words and mention. I think we (your readers) got lucky on this one and learned some really nice things about you. I'm with you on the sunshine and rain.
Carol Kilgore said…
Thanks, Mason. Today we have sunshine ... but it's COLD!

.