How's the World Treating You?

Ever have one of those days when you feel as if everyone and everything is focused on getting you down or totally screwing up your life?

Don't lie. We all do.

Knock on wood, I haven't had one of those days in a while, but I've been knocked on my butt enough for two or three lifetimes. I hope it's a long time, if ever, before I have another one.

You can give up, give in and go with the flow, or fight it tooth and nail. For me, I've found it's best to do all three.

I don't mean totally give up. You are not a wienie. But allow yourself the luxury of wallowing in it all and feeling sorry for yourself for two minutes. Maybe five if it's really bad. Then suck it up. Pull up your big girl panties and plaster a smile on your face.

Go with the flow until you don't need to force the smile any more. Sometimes, that takes longer than other times. When you find yourself giggling to yourself about something, it's time for the fighter in you to kick in.

Depending on the situation, you may fight your own demons or you may lock horns with city hall. Whatever your problem, shed your tears, gather your courage, then do what you can to improve your position.

Try it the next time life gets you down. You may find it works for you.

Comments

.