I'm a Bald Faced Liar

Mason Canyon at Thoughts in Progress has presented me with Lesa's Bald Faced Liar "Creative Writer" Blogger Award. Thank you, Mason.



The rules for the award are simple:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

Telling lies and writing fiction should go together like beer and pretzels. But I dunno. All those lies are about people who don't really exist. Since I'm nearly always up for a challenge, what's not to like about this one!

I've been reading how other bloggers have answered these questions, and I can only say I think I've led a sheltered life. So . . .

Here we go - six outrageous lies and one outrageous truth. Maybe. Can you spot the real me?

1. My mother taught me to play piano.
2. My father worked for the city.
3. My childhood dream was to be a veterinarian.
4. My first job was at a flower shop.
5. My college major was art history.
6. My seven children all live at home.
7. My live-in handyman was my sixth grade boyfriend.

Who am I?

I'll post the answer on Friday.

- - - - - - - - - -

UPDATE:
It seems the real truth is I'm a Ditzy Broad. While I was happily off doing something else, I remembered I forgot to pass the award along. Sorry 'bout that. Here are the seven bloggers I'm passing the award to:
1. Ann Elle Altman at All Write With Coffee
2. Marisa Burns at Out of Order Alice
3. Laura Eno at A Shift in Dimensions
4. Galen Kindley at Imagineering Fiction
5. Lynnette Labelle at Chatterbox Chit Chat
6. Kimberly Loomis at The Perpetual Writer
7. Kathy McIntosh at Well Placed Words

Comments

Joanne said…
Congrats on the Award, raising my coffee cup in a toast. This is a fun post, and I've given some consideration to your lies/truths. I pick #5, that you majored in art history, tying it to the "art" of writing?
Elspeth Futcher said…
I say the lie is #6. Congrats on the award!
Some of them are obvious lies (I hope) but I bet the first one is the truth, since everyone I know who plays piano (except my kids lol) were taught at least partly by their moms.

And you know you're so right about that lie thing. I used to think my tendency to fabricate stories to exxagerate the truth showed a lack of moral fiber. But actually it's just my writer self showing through.
Ann Elle Altman said…
Cool, thanks for the award. I will mention you today on my blog.

ann
Laura Eno said…
Congrat, Carol and I'm honored that you think of me as a fellow liar...bwahaha!
I think you wanted to be a veterinarian when you grew up.
Anonymous said…
Congratualations on the award. I would say #6 mostly because even if it is a lie it's a great story.
Marisa Birns said…
Thank you Carol for the award!

I think you worked in a flower shop.

It is fun to read what others are guessing is truth for you, and for me over at my place.

Though, must we confess at the end of it all?
Hi, Carol. Thank you so much for including me in the liar's list. For the record, yes, I am an accomplished liar. Uh, I'll blame it on my writer's brain. Most of my post the other day about poor Donna was fabricated.

I think number 3 is true, you wanted to be a Vet.

Best Wishes Galen.
Imagineering Fiction Blog
Carol Kilgore said…
I see that mostly you all think something different. Cool!
Mason Canyon said…
Congratulations, you're good. Can't wait to see the answers. Also have some great new links to check out. Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Carol! I'm thinking your seven children live at home? ;) Thanks so much for the award- this sounds like loads of fun! I'll be doing an awards post next week.
Carol Kilgore said…
Mason - Enjoy the links.

Kimberly - Looking forward to your answers :)
Helen Ginger said…
You are a woman who lies much too smoothly. I'm betting #6 is the lie.

And congratulations on the award.

Helen
Straight From Hel
I think number 7 is the truth.

I love lying don't you? Ok just for writing. ;)
Kathy McIntosh said…
Fun award, Carol. Thanks so much for giving me a chance to lie, one of my favorite things. I'll post that next week.
I think your live in handyman was your sixth grade boyfriend. Who could make that one up?
Carol Kilgore said…
You and Journaling Woman saw right through me! Yes he was. I'll just say we got re-acquainted later on.

.