A New Addition

Amid all the hoopla of the holiday season, Wrangler became a big brother to a new little furry guy in our household. His name is Shiner, and he's a Blue Heeler, also known as an Australian Cattle Dog. Right now, he's eight weeks old.

The little guy came into our lives unexpectedly, and we couldn't say no.

We had no idea how Wrangler would react, but he looks out for him and they play together better than I ever dreamed possible.

I've tried and tried to insert another couple of photos here, but for some reason unknown to me, Blogger isn't letting me do so. I'll try again later in the week. I imagine it's not really Blogger's fault, but User Error instead. This user is a little tired.

Anyway, Shiner was a hit at the vet's office the other day. Everyone had to hold him and talk to him. And he was a very good boy. He's pretty smart, too. We're coming along with housebreaking, but he's not there yet. However, he sits on command at least half the time and will give you his paw. We're still working on stay and come.

He loves the outside. Big time. We've always had inside dogs, and I hope Shiner will be one, but I'm not counting on it. We've never had a dog who wanted to stay outside like he does. So we'll see.

This is the first time I've tried to housebreak a puppy with an older dog present. It's a little different. Please let me know if you have any tricks that work.

Comments

.