Jalapeno Cupcake Wench at Kindle Scout

During the last full week of July, I submitted the manuscript of Jalapeno Cupcake Wench to Kindle Scout for consideration. They approved it for the program, and it went live on their site on Saturday, July 29.

To nominate Jalapeno Cupcake Wench, go here:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2NFU91307VBIW


If you don't know or are unsure of how Kindle Scout works, it's simple. For readers and for authors. While it would be nice to be published by Kindle Press, the main reason I chose to participate is because it gives me the opportunity to showcase the book before it's published to hundreds of people. Possibly more. Some will become readers. A few may become fans. Every reader is golden; so for me, it's a win/win.

Your book is live on their site for 30 days. Readers see your cover and about 20 manuscript pages formatted for Kindle.

For this to happen, you have to do a few things. The site guides you step by step. You prepare your manuscript and cover to be the best you can make it.
  • They strongly advise professional design, editing, and proofing. 
  • They tell you what genres they accept. You must choose from the genres and subgenres they provide.
  • They have character limits on the tag line, blurb, and bio.
  • As part of the package, they provide a list of optional questions to answer . You may choose a maximum of three.
Then you upload your cover and manuscript. A photo of yourself is optional. They let you know within 48 hours if your book is approved. If so, it goes live a few days later, and your work begins.

The goal is to keep your book in the hot and trending section as much as possible. For all 30 days. So you can't just notify everyone all at once and sit back. You have to spread it out. Like this blog is occurring in Week 2.

You get to look at some of the stats so you can see where your promotion is paying off.

How will it shake out for Jalapeno Cupcake Wench?

I have no idea.

Amazon calls Kindle Scout "reader-powered publishing." They also say that editorial input plays a role in choosing which books will be selected to be published by Kindle Press.

Feel free to ask any questions in the comments.

Now for the Bribery Good Part 🙂

If you click to nominate Jalapeno Cupcake Wench for publication by Kindle Press and they do select it, you'll receive a free Kindle copy a week or so before it goes on sale.

If you nominate it and it's not selected, they will tell you that. They will also notify you when I publish the book myself. At which time, I hope you'll still be interested in learning more about Gracie.

In addition...

I'm holding a giveaway for those of you who click to nominate my book. Email me at carolkilgoreauthor@gmail.com and let me know. I will draw names on Monday, August 28. This is after my book's campaign has ended but before the results are announced. If you've already nominated the book, it's perfectly okay to email me at anytime before midnight Sunday CDT, August 27.
  • I'm giving away three prizes.
  • The first name I draw will receive a Kindle Paperwhite.
  • The second and third names will receive one $50 Amazon gift card each.
To nominate Jalapeno Cupcake Wench, go here:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2NFU91307VBIW

I would really appreciate your nomination. And your sharing of this blog post or news about the book and the link (above) with your friends.

Here's a premade tweet for you to copy and share, too.
Nominate and share: Jalapeno Cupcake Wench @ Kindle Scout https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2NFU91307VBIW @carol_kilgore #Kindle #KindleScout #mystery #readers
I don't know what happened with the formatting above. Thank you for any support you provide. Gracie thanks you, too!


I'll be back here on Wednesday, September 6,
since the first Monday is Labor Day here in the U.S.
See you then!





Comments

Already voted so I'll share the Tweet today.
Good luck. It's going to be a long month, isn't it?
L. Diane Wolfe said…
You're going to be a marketing fool for the next few weeks. LOL
I've voted...good luck!! Looks like a great book.
Carol Kilgore said…
Alex - Thanks! I won't run out of things to do or be bored :)

Diane - Yes, I am.

Elizabeth - Thank you! Both for voting and for the good luck wishes. I love Gracie. Is that bad to say? I hope readers will, too.
Janie Junebug said…
I clicked. I nominated. Best wishes.

Love,
Janie
H. R. Sinclair said…
I did it too! What happens if you stay in the hot and trending the whole time? Anything special or just good stats for you?
Good luck. I already nominated you - and hope it goes really, really well.
I don't tweet though. Sorry.
Carol Kilgore said…
Janie - Thank you! Much appreciated :)

H.R. - I don't think anything happens. I'm sure it would influence the decision process, but I don't think it's the only thing.

EC - Thanks. I hope so, too. No worries about the tweet :)
Murees Dupè said…
I nominated you from my personal account. I hope the promotion pays off for you, Carol. Wishing you all the success in the world.
Jemi Fraser said…
I've read
I've loved
I've nominated!!! :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Murees - Thank you! I hope so, too. Appreciate the good wishes :)

Jemi - Whee! Much appreciated. Love that you loved ♥
DMS said…
Awesome! Congrats! :)
~Jess
LD Masterson said…
Whoa, I haven't been here for quite a while. Everything's all new. Okay, let me look around and get my bearings and then I'll get to the latest post.
How cool! Of COURSE I nominated your book! Good luck. I'll be interested in hearing how well this plays out for you and Gracie. The nomination thingie says your book is HOT... well, duh... you live in Texas! :)

Wishing you all the best.
Carol Kilgore said…
LD - Yeah, I changed things up in either May or June. Forget...a lot going on both with Gracie and IRL. Nothing like with you, but still a lot. Hope you like the new look and the post. And Gracie, too :)

Susan - Thank you! There's no way to know. When I know, I'll post it here either way. So hot here. We had rain early in the week, but we're back to 100s for at least one more week.
MunirGhiasuddin said…
Oh wow ! This is wonderful. I will try to nominate but since I am not tech savy I may have to wait to get help from one of my kids. Best Wishes and Congrats.
Carol Kilgore said…
Munir - Great! I appreciate your good wishes, too.
Kelly Steel said…
All the best, voted.
Misha Gerrick said…
I've been hearing about Kindle Scout a lot, but it's not to have a bit more information on how it works from a writer's point of view.

Best of luck!
Carol Kilgore said…
Kelly - Thank you ♥

Misha - It's easy for writers and even easier for readers. So far, it's a fun experience.
cleemckenzie said…
I nominated your book. So interesting how many new ways are popping up to get the word out about new books. Congrats and good luck, Carol.
Carol Kilgore said…
Lee - Thank you! Yes, it's wonderful ♥
We each nominated you (sometimes it's good to be two people)! Good luck! No need to worry about entering us into your contest, either. We're just happy to do it. :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Beer - Thank you, thank you!! I owe you each a beer :)

.