Jalapeno Cupcake Wench


First of all I want to wish you a Happy 4th of July tomorrow, and my Canadian readers a belated Happy Canada Day!

Next, don't leave your pets outside. Most are frightened by fireworks, and many break out and become lost over this holiday. Be a good pet parent.

Now to the goodies .....



Gracie is finally here! Well, she's almost here :)

Keep reading.


A hot and spicy taste of murder—and more.

During the day, law enforcement consultant Gracie Hofner is on assignment at a small San Antonio bakery, waiting for a delivery. No one knows what it is or when it will arrive. The upside? Working next to Donovan Beck, a flirty hunk and a half—perfect fling material.

At night, Gracie resumes her search for a little girl and her mother who went missing following a double murder. Finding the pair is imperative or the girl will become a target.

At the girl’s aunt’s house, Gracie experiences a peculiar need to leave immediately. She tries to deny the urge to flee and pushes the pressure aside, but the compulsion intensifies. Gracie thinks she must have a brain tumor. Or is losing her mind. When similar events continue to occur, Gracie sees a pattern. Can she use this newfound ability to help her find the girl and her mother before it’s too late?

Thus begins the story that becomes The Amazing Gracie Trilogy.

A law enforcement consultant whose special skill is putting random pieces together discovers she has psychic ability, but she never knows when this new aptitude will appear. Or how it will affect her.


Hi! I'm Gracie Hofner. Carol asked me to tell you about myself. As if she hasn't done that already. Sometimes she makes me a little crazy, always wanting to know what I think or how I feel. With my fingers, you crazy writer woman. But I'm glad she found me.

So you already know my name and that I work in law enforcement. It's Saturday evening, and for once I'm not working. I'm on the patio and Nick's in the kitchen. Oh, I forget you don't know about Nick Rivera. He's my partner. Former partner. Working partner. When I worked for the PD. That's the police department here in San Antonio. He stayed there when I decided to work for Bastion. But we'll always be partners even if we don't work together.

"Gracie, where's your speaker?"

"I put it up. In the hall closet."

Nick will be out here with music in a few, so I have to keep this short. Sorry, Carol. I said I wasn't working, but it's ongoing. It never really stops. Nick's on a case now, and my new assignment may be connected. We have a lot to compare, and music helps.

I grew up with everyone listening to George Strait, but Roger Creager's my go-to guy. Nick thinks I'm dorky. That's all right. I am. He likes more rock, so we'll listen to a little bit of everything before we're done.

"Okay, Gracie. Put down the cat videos. Let's get started."

Gotta go. See you in Jalapeno Cupcake Wench!


Thanks for visiting.
I'll be back here on Monday, August 7, with more news about Jalapeno Cupcake Wench.
See you then.




Comments

Love the new blog design. And congratulations on Jalapeno Cupcake Wench! I love Gracie's sense of humor. :)
Bish Denham said…
Congratulations, Carol! I love Gracie's voice.
Oooooh.
You have already severely tempted my weak-willed self.
Carol Kilgore said…
Elizabeth - Glad you like the new look. And Gracie's sense of humor. Happy 4th!

Bish - Thanks. Glad you like her. Hope most readers do :)

EC - Good! Resistance is futile, LOL :)
Nick Wilford said…
The birth of a new series, an exciting time. Congrats! And I love the cover and title!
Carol Kilgore said…
Nick - It is exciting! And a little crazy around Casa Kilgore right now. Glad you like the cover and title :)
I love the title. And the cover. And the premise. I guess I love everything about Gracie and her story.

Oh, and it's cool, I don't let my pets outside anyway, because they like to stay inside and be lazy. With me. I don't know if that makes me a good pet parent or not.

Have a great 4th!
Saw the cover yesterday - funny title! Happy Fourth.
Murees Dupè said…
Congratulations, Carol. I read the word cupcake and I came running;) Hope you are doing great.
Carol Kilgore said…
Beer - Yay! Yes, good pet parent :) Happy 4th!

Alex - I hope you mean funny in a good way :) Happy 4th back!

Murees - Thanks! Great here. Hope you are, too. I emailed you last week. Hope you received it.
H. R. Sinclair said…
Wonderful title! And fun cover too. Congrats.
Crystal Collier said…
Ooh! Exciting times. I LOVE the cupcake. Not that I'd want to eat anything like that, but it does a good job as a grabbing image.
Carol Kilgore said…
H.R. - Thank you!

Crystal - I know...no cheese :)
L. Diane Wolfe said…
I love the cover! And I can't eat either jalapenos or chocolate. LOL
Carol Kilgore said…
Diane - Oh, no! And yet you still like the cover. Now that's a true friend :) Thank you.
Julie Flanders said…
Nice to meet Gracie!! I like her already. :)
Hope you had a great Fourth, Carol.
Mark said…
Congrats! Looks cool! :)
Christine Rains said…
Congratulations! Love that title and cover. It sounds like a lot of fun. :)
A big congrats! I love the title.
Hurry up with those new books already! Gracie has a terrific voice. Can't wait!
A hot and spicy taste of murder...sounds delectable, Carol.
Nice to meet Gracie!
Carol Kilgore said…
Julie - Fourth was awesome. Hope it was for you, too. I'm glad you like Gracie!

Mark - Thanks!

Christine - Thank you. I hope readers think it's fun.

Lynda - Thanks :)

Susan - Glad you like her. Pushing ahead every day. Just takes time. I need Wonder Woman here, LOL :)

Michelle - Thanks! It should be a tasty story, LOL.
Anne Gallagher said…
Congratulations on the new adventure! Gracie sounds like a fun gal to hang with.
Jemi Fraser said…
Can't wait! Gracie is awesome! :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Anne - Thanks! Gracie's my new friend :)

Jemi - I hope other readers love her, too!

.