The Aftermath

Release Week for SECRETS OF HONOR was a blast!

Here are the winners of the blog contests. Each of these beautiful people won a $5 Amazon Gift Card. Listed Monday through Friday:

VR Barkowski's blog: Southpaw
Julie Flanders' blog: Neurotic Workaholic
Jemi Fraser's blog: L. Diane Wolfe
Bish Denham's blog: Susan Kane
Susan Swiderski's blog: Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy

Congratulations to all the winners!

Today Mason Canyon is reviewing SECRETS OF HONOR here. I hope you have an extra minute to click over and read what she has to say. I was blown away. Thank you, Mason.

Thanks to everyone who commented. I wish I could afford to give gift cards to everyone. And a huge thank you to all the hosts. You helped make Release Week a success.

Notice anything different around here? Check the sidebars. Especially the big one at the top of the right sidebar. Click it, and see what happens. When you finish over there, come back here and keep reading :)

I also pried the pruning shears from Live-In Handyman's hands and worked off a ton of stress. I cleaned up my stuff and hacked away at the blog rolls.

I cut all blogs from bloggers who haven't left a comment here and/or I haven't visited there in a year or so. I may have been over-zealous in clicking the remove button. If you don't see your link, just email or comment and say What about me? or Don't count me out yet! and I'll put you right back in.

Today I'm blogging with Hart Johnson at Confessions of a Watery Tart about stress during the lead up to the SECRETS OF HONOR release. I hope you'll stop by.

UPDATE: After you read my post on Hart's blog, check this one out, too. You have to read Hart's first so you'll see how stressed I've been. Then you'll understand why I messed up and double booked today. I'm also here:

This week I'm blogging with my Texas friend, Shelly Morales, at her awesome blog, La Tejana. Shelly writes the most amazing stories, many about her family. I'm telling one of my own over there about a little girl and her walks home from school. I hope you'll drop in.

Now I know the secret of cloning ... over stress and you just magically split into two parts so you can be in two places at once!

Since this is a short post, and I'm still half-drained from being a social butterfly last week, I'll leave you with a photo. Y'all know what this is, right?









Comments

Congratulations to the winners!
I try to stay on top of my blogroll. Mostly I'm trying to add new folks who are visiting.
Anonymous said…
Congrats to the winners, will join in on the other blog.
Have a great day.
Mason Canyon said…
Congratulations to the winners and to you Carol on your release. SECRETS OF HONOR is awesome (and thanks for the mention). I need to work on my blog roll. I started and then got sidetracked so I've got to get back on it.
Unknown said…
Congrats to the winners!
I can't wait to read and review your book. I'm just trying to save a bit of money right now in order to buy it.
Shelly said…
Congratulations to all the winners! I'm proud to host your bloghop starting today at http://www.shellysm.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Definitely a marine conveyance of some description lol.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
And I was so happy to win.

I need to clean up my side bar.
We just cleaned up our blogroll too. What a mess! But so much easier to manage now. Congrats to the winners! Now off to Mason's to check out that review...
Carol Kilgore said…
Alex - I've been a little lax in that area, and I have to get more on top of it soon.

Nashvillecats - Cool! You have a great day, too :)

Mason - Thanks. It's easy to get sidetracked.

Clarissa - I know how that is.

Karen - You don't? Read on :)

Shelly - Thank you!

Delores - An undersea one. This is the conning tower of a WWII submarine, looking straight on.

Diane - Congrats again!

Beer - Much easier to manage. With the total cleanup, my blog loads much faster.
Bish Denham said…
Congratulations to the winners! This has been a fun little jog around the blog-o-sphere.
Melissa said…
Congrats to the winners!

Carol, you'll have to tell me your secret for cloning. That could come in handy. ;)
Carol Kilgore said…
Bish - This was the post that started small and kept growing and growing :)

Melissa - Mega Stress. LOL!
Nas said…
Congratulations to the winners!

Awesome news Carol, congrats on the release of SECRETS OF HONOR!
Congratulations all round. To you, and to all the winners. Off visiting now...
Congrats on a successful launch, Carol!
Congrats to all the winners too!
I just did a bit of a revamp of my social media...and messed up my Facebook in the rush...hence the brand new Facebook account...LOL
I have to confess that I'm stumped by that photo...?
Carol Kilgore said…
Nas and EC - Thanks for your good wishes!

Michelle - I'll go over to Facebook when I leave here and make sure we're still friends.

The photo is the conning tower of the submarine USS Cavalla (SS-244). The Cavalla served in the second world war, and she's now moored on land at Galveston Island. This is looking head on - I was standing on deck.
Jemi Fraser said…
Yay for the winners! :)
cleemckenzie said…
You've done a great job on your launch. And the support has been so amazing. Good for you.
VR Barkowski said…
Congratulations to all the winners and to you, Carol, on a great launch!

VR Barkowski
It's not always easy to stay on top of the blogroll. I really should work on mine... eek.

Congrats to all the winners! And to you for surviving another book release.
Helena said…
Congratulations! Now put down those pruning sheers and all other sharp objects. Please. And relax because you done good!
dolorah said…
Congrats to the winners :)
Hootin Anni said…
Once again, congratulations on your new book. And, thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Carol Kilgore said…
Jemi - I'm still waiting to hear from one.

Lee - A lot of support, from bloggers and readers. Huge hugs to all.

VR - Thanks for opening Launch Week :)

Lynda - It was hectic, but fun!

Helena - Yes. Must not run with shears :)

Dolorah - Yay!

Hootin Anni - Thank you, too! It's great meeting you.
Robin said…
You are everywhere. No wonder you are exhausted!
Congrats to the winners!! So glad that release week went well :-)
Carol Kilgore said…
Robin - Like being in a bouncy house for a week :)

OE - So am I!
DMS said…
Congrats to all the winners!

You have been busy, busy, busy! :)

~Jess
Anonymous said…
I have no idea what that is.

Congrats to the winners.

You had a clumsy summer, it seems. I go through periods of time in which I'm more injured than normal.
Sounds like you are still busy, busy, busy. If you have time, there are some more comments directed at you on my blog. (People generally stop by right up until the time I change to a new post.)

I decided it's impossible to keep up with everyone on my blogroll, so I concentrate on visiting everyone who visits me, and anything else is whipped cream on top. Which reminds me... it's time for lunch. Take care!
Carol Kilgore said…
DMS - Fun, but exhausting at the same time :)

Medeia - I'm klutzy all the time, but this summer was brutal! It's an old submarine from the front.

Susan - I'll be right over! Thanks for letting me know.
M Pax said…
Congrats, Carol! Will hop over and visit.
Hart Johnson said…
Congrats to your winners Carol, and Naked=GOOD but injured + BAD, so SLOW DOWN! The tortoise wins, remember?
Carol Kilgore said…
M Pax - Thanks!

Hart - Trying hard to put the brakes on - they're squealing!
Stephanie said…
Congrats to the winners! And to you for surviving this phase.
Manzanita said…
Carol
You are blessed with a great support group and many many friends. Congrats winners. I like winners.
Carol Kilgore said…
Stephanie - Always move forward; never look back - they may be gaining :)

Manzanita - I am blessed. I like winners, too :)
Mark said…
Umm...it's a sub, right? :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Mark - Yes, WWII era. People must have been much smaller then - inside is claustrophobic.
LD Masterson said…
I knew what the picture was before I saw your comment. Well, not the specific sub but in general. And I really need to clean up my blog sidebars. Just have to get a little caught up first. It was a hard summer.
Congratulations to the winners.
Have a great day.
Carol Kilgore said…
LD - I know how rough you had it. Still praying for you.

Romance Reader - Thanks! You, too :)
Stina said…
Oh no! I thought I signed up to help host this. Sorry I missed the fun, Carol. And a huge CONGRATS!!!!
Carol Kilgore said…
Stina - No worries! Thanks for the good wishes :)
Congrats to the winners! Don't blame you one bit for cleaning up your blogroll. I need to do the same thing. Have a great weekend, my author friend!
Carol Kilgore said…
Dawn - Thanks! You, too!
Unknown said…
Yippie - I've survived the blog-hacking! You're incredibly busy this week. You must have a lot of energy. Keep it up! I think the pic is the top of a submarine ... or not. ;)
Carol Kilgore said…
Lexa - Blog hackers are the pits. Glad you survived! It has been busy! You're correct - it's an old 1940s era sub.
menopausal mama said…
Congrats on your book and to the winners! Very exciting!
Carol Kilgore said…
Menoopausal Mama - Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to the weekend!
Anonymous said…
Way to go, Carol. It's been great to see your cover all over the blogosphere lately.
Carol Kilgore said…
Milo - There are times I feel very much like I'm exposing myself to the world, LOL!

.