10. I know what to do with all those people and stories in my head.
9. I'm no longer a news junkie . . . it's research.
8. I have valid reasons for spending time alone.
7. And staring out the window.
6. I love sharing my thoughts with readers.
5. People accept that I may be . . . quirky.
4. I still get to play pretend . . . except I play it in my head.
3. With people I make up.
2. I love creating something from nothing.
And the #1 reason why I love being a writer:
1. It's who I am.
At the top of my right sidebar is a link to a Goodreads Giveaway for SOLOMON'S COMPASS. Go over, sign up, and maybe you'll be the lucky winner of one of two signed copies.
Open to U.S. residents only. Sorry. I hope to expand eligibility on both books sometime later this year.