- Write a scene between two people using only dialogue.
- Write the same scene, from the same point of view, using no dialogue.
- Using a timer, free-write for 15 minutes.
- Choose a place you've never been, local or around the world - use a photo or create your own world if you wish - and write a few paragraphs about your first impressions. Use all five senses and create an emotional mood. No travelogues :)
- Pick one of your characters. Introduce him or her to your mother. You know how your mother is. Umm-hmm. Betcha learn something new.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Not My Mother!
Since this is a holiday week, my plan is for all my posts to be short. I have a lot to do, and my little brain is already mushy.
So here are some writing exercises for you to try. They might also help a blocked NaNo-er or two.