Blogs, Dogs, and Headaches

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away . . . this would be last December before our move . . . I read at least a jillion blogs every day. I followed every link. Or so it seemed. This in addition to checking for updated news every five minutes. I kept wondering where my time went.

While we were in transit, with no computer, I read zero. And I discovered the news channels make a 30-minute cycle. I suffered withdrawal. I was forced to rejoin the human race full-time. Horrors!

I love life, and I discovered real life is more fun than I remembered. I'm glad I'm here.

Now I'm more selective at the computer. I'm not letting myself get sucked into that time-wasting hole again.

Why am I telling this to you blog readers when I want you to come here to see what I have to say? Isn't it counter-productive? I hope not.

As writers, we want people to read our words. As readers, we want to know what writers have to say. That's kind of a catch-all, but each of us reads for different reasons and only you know why you read what you do.

So I'm asking you to think about what you do every day and keep a balance. Read those blogs - mine included, please! Just don't live by them. If an entry doesn't catch your eye, skip to the next one. I still check all those blogs, but I don't read every word of each one every day. (What a sentence!)

If you're a news junkie like I am, remember if the news is important enough, you'll receive an alert. You news junkies know who you are. You receive alerts from more than one source.

You'll feel strange and almost as if you're skipping school for a few days. Trust me . . . it's worth it.

What does this have to do with dogs? Nothing - the words rhyme. Yesterday was their bath day. Wrangler goes to the groomer, with all that long hair. And it's shedding season. I'm not fond of clogged drains. Shiner is still bathable. Now both of them smell and feel good. That won't last but another day or two. So I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Those few days once a month are nice.

And headaches? This morning I awoke with a sinus headache. No doubt caused by the changing pressure of the fronts that keep passing through here. It's spring, after all. But after a couple of Sudafed and some caffeine, the balloon is slowing losing air. By lunch time I'll be good as new.

Comments

Waconda Springs said…
I agree with you. I've tried to catch up and realized that I can't. I don't want to catch up. Because if I catch up, I'll think I can keep up and yes, a life away from the computer is pretty darned neat.

I'll check up on you, but usually only once a day, instead of the typical several times a day.

You're doing good.
Carol Kilgore said…
Thanks.

Here's to life!
scooter said…
Now try TV! It's amazaing to me.
Carol Kilgore said…
Scooter, I'm not a huge TV nut, but I do like a number of shows.

.